How to clean and store your contact lenses
If you have reusable contact lenses, you'll need to take good care of them to keep the lenses in good condition and protect your eyes from becoming sore or infected. Your optician will show you how to put your lenses in or remove them during your intial assessment, here's a handy reminder of what to do if you're still unsure.
Monthly contact lenses
- Wash and thoroughly dry your hands before handling your contact lenses.
- Remove your lens and place it in the palm of your hand.
- Squeeze one or two drops of multi-purpose lens solution on to the lens.
- Gently stroke the lens back and forth for 10-15 seconds then turn the lens and repeat.
- Place the lens in your case before adding solution.