How to remove contact lenses
Although your optician will show you how to put your lenses in and remove them during your intial assessment, here's a handy reminder of what to do if you're still unsure. If you have monthly contact lenses, there's also a guide on how to best look after them.
- Wash and thoroughly dry your hands before handling your contact lenses.
- Look straight ahead and ensure the lens is still on the coloured part of your eye.
- Using your opposite index finger, lift up your eyelid, as close to the lash line as possible.
- With the middle finger of your other hand, pull your lower lid down.
- Press on to the surface of the lens and slide it gently down to the white part of your eye.
- Using the fleshy part of your thumb and index finger, gently but firmly pinch the lens and remove.
- Clean your lens in a multi-purpose solution and place in your lens case.